Thursday, September 25, 2008

Power "Fun" n NA.

Generally we are having fun in NA.

I haven't written for the last few days because stomach issues and running to the 'boy's room', plus losing our power for a day and a-half, an ant infestation and 2 sections of 23 insane 7th graders and laptop format problems have kept me from it.
(writing now from my classroom ...I am supposed to be doing my prep during 6th period but I am OK with that for today.

More on power fun:
Actually the power came back on after 5 hours but ...unfortunately the major appliances in the house are on only one of the two phase legs and so once the power was turned back on... it blew the fuse on that leg of the power.... And hum...OK, so I have no idea where the "main" panel is and even if I did where to buy fuses.?

OK....the four sub-panels seem fine...to it must be the Main. After 4 phone calls...(plus visits to the neighbors, and neighbors visit us, we will have a "Friend" coming over today in hopes of them fixing the power and providing the fuses and also hopefully ... tell me how to correct this in the future, since we have no heard that many of our co-workers have had intermittent power 6 times in the last 5 weeks. Do you know where your "Main" is and the water shut off?/ ...perhaps I should not mention that. Last night I was laying in bed saying ..."I haven't seen frogs yet? What's next?

One thing for sure.....today after the freind helps us...I will be "re-balancing" the power loads for the refrigerator, coffee pot, toaster, "petite" washing machine etc., now all on the same circuit (with no load on the other circuit) with other circuits using a few new 10 meter extension cords to get from the next room where the outlet for the second circuit is to its new appliance position. ....presently we have a 6 meter (20 feet apprx.) cord tracking across the floor from the lower bedroom, across the entire kitchen floor (with a carpet over it ...so we don't trip) and the cord runs to the basement kitchen refrigerator to help save the groceries!!!


All in all we are so pleased to be here (even with the unbelievable weird surprises) ..
And love to hear from you.
Love to all, T n L

1 comment:

Lon said...

Ribbit! Ribbit! RIBBIT!!

AH!!! They're coming!!